Digital Marketing companies generate enquiries and opportunities for their clients. It’s the fundamental reason we exist and what we care most about.
It makes perfect sense. If our customers increase their revenues and grow their profits, then they should be able to pay us with the minimum of expense and commitment.
It’s a nice business to be in.
Adding Digital Value
There are many things you ‘could do’. The web marketing world has many interlocking components and as many different types of service providers. And when Marketing Digitally, everything matters.
We provide most value by knowing what to do next. The order in which we do things has a big effect on the returns available.
We’ve created leads for high and low value products, large and small companies, local, national and international. It’s not difficult to generate sales conversations.
The more important task is to create those leads at a profitable rate.
Reducing the costs per lead
The difference between traditional marketing and web marketing is that all website visitors have a cost attached. Whether free or paid traffic, there is a website entrance fee.
The costs needs to be covered by the generation of enough sales to cover the cost of the advertising, and the overheads, to make a profit. It becomes increasingly important to keep your audience specific, instead of as wide as possible.
Focus on “Digital Marketing Services Milton Keynes”, instead of “Digital Marketing”.
It is effectively a matter of multiple niche marketing.
What has become clear to us over the last few years is that everything matters. It’s the culmination of all the website conversion factors working together that makes the investment worthwhile.
There is a compound effect when you attend to all the factors involved.
The Digital Marketing Process
To emphasise: Digital Marketing should generate enquiries from people who don’t know us yet.
In order to grow web marketing, we need to make sure we get a return on what we spend initially, and starting is the hardest part.
Start with a most likely to succeed website
WordPress has the ability to deliver quite sophisticated functionality without spending a fortune.
It supports the structure and navigation that serves visitors best, and the rich functionality and integration needed.
Most likely to succeed products and services
We need to pick the most likely to succeed products and services. If we can’t make those work, then we should be careful before moving on to the next thing.
Having an external viewpoint can be quite valuable, it’s difficult to see yourselves as others see you.
Those website visitor journies that are likely to produce enquiries need to be tested, and measured if we are to improve results.
Discover, measure and test to spend more on what works, and less on what doesn’t. Use conversion rates to plot progress.
Website Marketing Tasks
There are a large amount of tasks associated with website marketing, by which we mean designing, building and maintaining the site, working the search engines to get the right visitors and planning the content to produce sales conversations.
- Keyword Research
- Website build
- Website configuration
- Search Engine configuration
- Content Generation
- Sales Landing Page copy
- Company Pages
- Hub Pages for qualification
- Articles for download
- Articles for sales support (informed by search engine stats)
- Case Studies & Customer Stories
- Adwords Campaign Testing
- Initial discovery from keyword research
- Switch on most likely to succeed
- Constant Campaign reviews – negate useless terms, switch off what doesn’t work
- Conversion Tracking, finding out what works from day 1
- SEO Strategy
- Using Adwords to discover what works
- Transferring most successful paid keywords from Paid to Organic campaigns
- Transferring most successful unpaid keywords from Organic to Paid campaigns
- Link Generation, directories, partners, digital marketing
- Content marketing – 2x content, usually means 2x leads
- Social Media is now an SEO strategy – automation is key to this
- Content Conversion
- Measure the conversion rate of pages, compare and identify pages for ‘improvement’
- We’ve seen pages work 10x better than others.
- Generate improved Sales Copy
- Create supportive ‘Decision Making’ articles
The real prize with Digital Marketing is that once it starts working, then very often it continues to work at similar levels.
The task then is to generate growth by discovering new areas, testing and then squeezing the spend to get the highest returns.
The budget can produce wildly differing returns when re-invested. It is like compound interest where small initial advances reap long term rewards.
Digital Marketing People
- Webmaster (digital administrator)
- Designer: brand, imagery, ads, print
- Developer: site code
- SEO Guy : Adwords, SEO, SM advertising,
- Content Person: Sales Copy, Articles, Customer Stories
- Social Media Person (Used to be PR)
- Account Manager
- Customer Product Manager/Sales/Marketing
Obviously, there may be people who can do more than one thing. There are definitely people who can only do half of one thing.
But the reason for hiring a Digital Marketing Agency is that it is difficult to do all these things to a high level with just one or even two people.
Now that websites are living breathing entities that need lots of content to succeed, with lots of process, we look to address the gaps that customers might have in their personnel.
We’re happy to supplement those skills you have already.